Tuesday, May 21, 2013

hello?...

...are you there?
can you hear me?
as my summer unfolds, i continue to find wrinkles and worn spots of my life.  wrinkles being the things i've been neglecting, whether due to carelessness or spending my time on other less important tasks.  worn spots being the things that i've worked too hard on and gotten nothing in return. except frayed edges, taunting me that everything could fall apart at any moment, of course.

my summers are often spent working my ass off in classes as well as at my job. possibly working harder than i do during the school year since all the work is crammed into a small allotted time period.  so this summer, i'm letting my hair down!  (ok not literally..it's already much too hot for that.)  while yes, i completely plan to bust my ass in my one online course this summer, i also plan to enjoy my new job of lounging by the pool while i check passes.  however i've already made a nice dent in movies i've never seen.  i couldn't even list all the titles, but it's been at least 5 or 6 already this summer...and i'm not a movie watcher by any means.  i started my second book this summer today.  so i've began to iron out my wrinkles.  i'm really bad at just relaxing and doing nothing.  maybe these are small wrinkles in the fabric of life...but wrinkles none the less.  i need to get back in the gym, but that's a whole other story.

i put a lot into the relations i hold with people.  whether it be friends, co-workers, my boys...i spend a majority of my energy making sure the people i care about are happy.  some friends find a new infatuation (aka boy) and completely ditch you...CUT.  some friends only want to put in a minuscule effort and reap all the benefits...CUT.  you reap what you sew younin.

this summer i pledge to trim my frayed edges and cover the worn spots with patches of stronger, more durable fabric.  put my time and effort into things that will last.  things that will have meaning when i become famous and write an auto-biography!  ;)  (now-a-days you don't have to be famous to write a great auto-biography)  i pledge to iron out my wrinkles and patch up my holes.  i'm not sure, but i have a feeling this could be the best summer.

i also pledge to make memories.  this is, in fact, my last summer before graduating college.  i have one more year to knowingly make completely stupid decisions and be able to say "it's ok, i'm in college" or "it's not like i have any responsibilities" because i mean.....it's college!

No comments:

Post a Comment